Tools you will need:
- 2.5mm hex key
- 3mm hex key
- 4mm hex key
These instructions are for removing only one skid rail. If you are removing both, simply follow the same instructions for both sides.
- Remove the standing platform (hyperlink to Deck Replacement)
- To access all the screws securing the skid rails, the battery must be removed. To do this, simply lift the front of the battery up, unplug it, and set it aside.
- Remove the screw and washer located in front of the motor driver on the side of the skid rail you are replacing with a 2.5mm hex key.
- Remove the other screw and washer from the inside of the scooter located at the back of the chassis under the battery using a 2.5mm hex key.
- Now elevate Boosted Rev, or gently turn it onto its side so that you can access the bottom. If you opt to turn the scooter on its side, you may want to lay it on a blanket or carpet to avoid scratches.
- Remove the two screw and washer sets on the underside of the scooter toward the front of the skid rail using a 3mm hex key.
- Beginning at the front, begin gently peeling up the skid rail.
- If the adhesive tape remains attached to the bottom of the scooter, peel this off. If it remains attached to the removed skid rail, you can simply discard the whole piece. If the adhesive tape has been removed but there is excessive adhesive residue left on the bottom of your scooter, clean this with isopropyl alcohol.
- Peel the backing off of the adhesive on your new skid rail.
- Line up your new skid rail with the proper screw holes, and press firmly into place.
- Reinstall the screws and washers on the bottom of the scooter using a 3mm hex key.
- Now turn your scooter upright again.
- Reinstall the screws and washers on the inside of the Chassis with a 2.5mm hex key. Due to the curve towards the front of the scooter, the front screw and washer may be difficult to place. If you are having trouble reinstalling them, try elevating the rear wheel slightly so that the screw and washer can be installed on a more horizontal surface.
- Reinstall the battery by plugging it back in, and then inserting it into the scooter chassis with the back first.
- Re-attach the standing platform by re-installing the four screws from earlier. Do not over-tighten these screws. It is only necessary to tighten them until they are snug.