Tools you will need:
- 4mm hex key
- Remove the four standing platform securing screws using a 4mm hex key. Two of these screws are located at the rear of the standing platform, while the other two screws are toward the front of the standing platform and accessible by lifting up the crescent-shaped cutouts in the deck pad.
- Remove the standing platform, making sure not to lose any of the rubber grommets which are inserted into the four holes on the standing platform. Note that there is an individual grommet inserted into both sides of each hole on the standing platform (total of 8 grommets).
- The battery is the large black rectangle in the middle of your scooter labeled “Boosted Lithium”.The battery connector is on the side of your battery towards the front of the scooter. Place a finger under the battery connector to lift up the battery. Note: it may be firmly inserted in the battery bay, so give it a good tug if it feels stuck, and it should come right out.
- Unplug the battery by pulling the battery plug straight out.
- Plugin your new battery, lining up the slots in the two sides of the connector.
- Re-insert the battery into the battery bay in the body of the scooter.
- Re-attach the standing platform by re-installing the four screws from earlier. Do not overtighten these screws. It is only necessary to tighten them until they are snug.